Results of the October 15, 2016 shred-A-Thon in Ahwatukee Sponsored by Shirley Coomer and Gregory Stainton of Keller Williams Realty Sonoran Living
Thank-you to everyone for joining Gregory and I for our 9th Shred-A-Thon held October 15, 2016 at Monte Vista Elementary school in Mountain Park Ranch. Monte Vista is one of the amazing elementary schools in the Kyrene School District. Here are the results:
- 41 Boxes of Food collected for the Kyrene Foundation’s Thanksgiving Food Distribution for families in need in the Kyrene school district (value of $2041)
- $629 donated for the purchase of Thanksgiving turkeys to be given along with the food boxes
- 13,500 pounds of paper was brought to be shredded, which translates into $811.20 of funds to the Tempe Hilibation Center (a 501(3) (c) organization.
- ASDD donated the services of two trucks and manpower for this event
- 20 Volunteers helped make this event possible – Special thank-you to the members of the Kyrene Foundation who assisted us making this a success!
A special thank-you to our five sponsors:
- Rebecca Kossmann – Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Mike Langs – Arizona Mortgage Specialists
- Mike Neumayer – College Hunks Moving
- Mark King – King Home Inspections
- Cheryl Stephan & Kay Handeland – Old Republic Title
Our next Shred-A-Thon will be April 29, 2017 at Monte Vista Elementary school from 9 AM to 11 AM. We will again be collecting food for the Kyrene Foundation! See you there!